Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would think like sini said 50-100tds.
My tap is 7.6 ph/3 kh/9gh, not really considered hard in most peoples book????
My TDS is 365 out of tap!
I think after 500 it is questionably 'safe/potable' water.....
The kh/gh just gave me the most inaccurate read on my real water IMO...
The numbers matter ,don't get me wrong,but not one of my rams eggs even get fertilized in this water...
To get around50-70 tds I add 1 tablespoon Epsom salt,calcium chloride(ice melt) and 1teaspoon of baking soda to 30g RO not passed through di(I make di water for my reefs)...DONE!
2 tablespoons and one teaspoon for 30 g.........This is basically the water I make for my rams....

Haha great pics guys! Thanks for sharing...I'm always surprised at what people look like I'm a horrible guesser. Never meant anyone was a creep lol...just glad to call you guys my friends even if we only meet on AA. I actually talk to all of you more than my real life friends haha. And it's usually way more interesting.
Here's what I do all day:
View attachment 283540

LOL if I did that I wouldn't be able to see the tank, the baby angelfish create a solid wall upon approach....

Face pictures are fun, whatever happened to the post your selfie thread?

I resurrected the pic to username thread should but high in the time line

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

A little stiff, but still alive and thankfully not as stoned anymore, I hate pain meds.

Yeah the pic bothered me a bit, I usually freak out over water spots and if I find a fingerprint that's not mine, the world is ending lol

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry gillie...I'm just being a goob. I don't really sit like that in front of the tanks haha the barbs didn't mind ;)

Whew. Long day.
Just caught the otos, Habrosus, and pygmaeus to transfer into the cory tank. Acclimating now.
Also snagged 100+ cherry shrimp to move into the little tank for now. So many tiny babies I won't be able to get until they get bigger...which means I won't be able to break down the tank like I wanted.
Also confirmed there are blackworms alive and well in the tank. Anyone culture these guys? Are they worth hanging on to or should they become dinner? I'm going to buy another pound next club meeting anyway.

Haha great pics guys! Thanks for sharing...I'm always surprised at what people look like I'm a horrible guesser. Never meant anyone was a creep lol...just glad to call you guys my friends even if we only meet on AA. I actually talk to all of you more than my real life friends haha. And it's usually way more interesting.
Here's what I do all day:
View attachment 283540
I'm the same. I did actually use the talking part of my cell last night but it was to talk fish. Otherwise I just text or come on here. My friends aren't fish geeks. Sad for them. My friends here are!!

Brenna

Blackworms ;)
I would but guaranteed the angelfish would get to them first, there's only a couple. I can always try! It's hilarious to watch the loaches go nuts when they know food is in the tank. Steal stuff right out of each other's mouths. Also sini, I have to bag the beauforti Saturday night I'm excited to take a pic in the dip and pour for ya!

Blackworms ;)
I would but guaranteed the angelfish would get to them first, there's only a couple. I can always try! It's hilarious to watch the loaches go nuts when they know food is in the tank. Steal stuff right out of each other's mouths. Also sini, I have to bag the beauforti Saturday night I'm excited to take a pic in the dip and pour for ya!

Reminds me of my sinibotia, who would grab an entire massive chunk of food (usually a cube of frozen bloodworms) and just take off with the entire rest of the tank, dozens of loaches, in hot pursuit.

Where's the beauforti going? Can't wait for the pic :D

Reminds me of my sinibotia, who would grab an entire massive chunk of food (usually a cube of frozen bloodworms) and just take off with the entire rest of the tank, dozens of loaches, in hot pursuit.

Where's the beauforti going? Can't wait for the pic :D

Yup pretty much what my loaches do. Hilarious.
To auction. I don't have a proper long term environment for her (I think cause it's majorly fat) especially since I can't find more. I know at least one club member who will snap it up and give it a great home.

I would probably have to upload to a third party site...I tried on photobucket before and it didn't work, sorry Bren :(

I would probably have to upload to a third party site...I tried on photobucket before and it didn't work, sorry Bren :(
You could create a YouTube channel and link here. That's what I did but the videos take forever to load from my phone. I should try my tablet.

Brenna

Tried to take a quick pic. Habs are still pale and a bit stressed from being moved, they're being jumped all over haha
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452742789.255327.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452742813.259264.jpg

Jeez looking at that pic mama rabauti looks huge. She just needs to drop some eggs!

Back
Top Bottom