Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No worries! Helodes and berdmorei look very similar.
I pick up the oddballs when I find them and I would love to keep the beauforti but 1) it's hard to get them in appropriate groups and 2) I don't have a good tank space for them based on the behavior I'm seeing now. Nothing horrible. I could put him in my 55 but I don't want to disturb the farlowellas. I think he would work great with my cryptoheros but then I would have to relocate 27 cory cats to somewhere haha. Maybe I'll just get another tank!

Maybe I'll trade you my aborichthys sp. for your beauforti... although I dunno if that would be such a good swap for my 10 gallon with a betta where the aborichthys is :lol:

I know what you mean with getting groups for the rare loaches. Never had more than one sinibotia which are my forever favorite rare loach. I would kill a blood relative for a group of them!

well I'll keep my eyes peeled ;)

I take a lot of fish photos, but I don't post a lot of full tank shots - mostly because my fish are way prettier than my tanks :p
In any case, here they are. My "office" holds:
40 high:

20g shelldweller growout and 5 g misc fry & shrimp:

30 breeder cory tank and 40 breeder cory/cutteri (CRAZY tannins right now):

35 hex and 10g multi tank:

90g tanganyikan tank (sorry for all the glare):

And then the 15g kitchen tank, 55g and 15g in the living room:

I never finish a tank before I start a new one...so they're all in various stages of work in progress :)

-6 gold pristella tetras and -5 red phantom tetras. Gave them to a club member in exchange for an IOU on apisto fry mwahaha.

Mcmasteri I think. We are always trading stuff so may change my mind. I keep trying to talk him into giving me his group of c. Oiapoquensis. He's more of a Malawi and big cat and loach guy. He got me another red hook but I didn't take it...yet. My guys are so old I don't want to end up with one.

Macs are awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1446324612574.jpg
    1446324612574.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 54
Very nice pics!

You mentioned your camera...are you like most of us who get a few good shots for every big bunch you take or are you just lucky? Seriously, I have a Nikon D7000 that I absolutely love but I'm only satisfied with 1 or 2 out of every pics, as least as far as fish are concerned :rolleyes:

Nice pics!! Have any ozelot sword runners?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Theresa - I took 97 photos last night and those were the good few. I love the camera but I'm still learning what all the settings do :)
Brooks - no but when they appear I can let you know!! ;)

Three of my c. Rabauti are engaged in some uncommonly aggressive chasing. I can only hope eggs may follow.
For any cory cat people who haven't kept them, they're by far my favorites. Their movements are much more purposeful and they utilize a lot more tank space than others I've kept. Plus their colors are absolutely stunning on a good diet.
I've only seen wild caught adults available so I'm really hoping to tank raise some.
I should have rethought using the office as a fish room. I am getting nothing accomplished on this case study :eek:

YAY!
No cory eggs but it didn't take long for the cutteri to get to work...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446609505.639997.jpg

Thx Fresh!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446675189.914501.jpg
I actually put them in the 40b till I figure out my plant plan

Cutteri eggs have hatched and mom relocated them to another sand pit. She terrorized one of my small cories to death too :( but it was a cull anyway...squashed skull so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom