Eggy's fish and tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know, don't know what else I could have done for it, just sucks to see. I like to think I take good care of my fish but those kinds of inevitable situations are unpleasant. I guess I shouldn't have bought it to begin with but I didn't want to leave one loach all by itself at the LFS no matter how crappy it looked.

I know, don't know what else I could have done for it, just sucks to see. I like to think I take good care of my fish but those kinds of inevitable situations are unpleasant. I guess I shouldn't have bought it to begin with but I didn't want to leave one loach all by itself at the LFS no matter how crappy it looked.

That's EXACTLY what happened with us. They had 6 zebra loaches left, so we got all 6, even though one looked bad. At least he had a good home for a little while I think :(

Can any cory experts help me? I keep getting feedback that these are c. Delphax but it doesn't make sense to me. Top 2 pics are fish needing ID, last pic is Delphax. (Also confirmed they're not ambiacus as far as I can tell)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452485481.184934.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452485496.815619.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452485508.318801.jpg

Brochis are looking even better today...think I'm in the clear for first stage QT but leaving them for another week or two
My angelfish was acting weird, hovering in a corner. Turns out the loach died and he's been guarding it all evening :( how sad and strange
Edit: loach is not dead, but can barely move and angelfish is protecting him

Thats adorable of the angel.... Poor loach though.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is that normal? I mean usually this guy is winging all over the tank. He strayed to snag a piece of food and went right back over there. I mean it's likely the other loaches would brutalize the poor thing...but guardian angelfish? Never heard that before

Everybody's got a buddy! Guess that was angels homie.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sini - been doing some research. Seems like a lot of loach keepers incorporate levamisole into preventative treatments to stave off chronic wasting syndrome. If symptoms become present the next suggestion is prazi and or metro. Just an FYI if you didn't know

I would also agree that it is delphax, the markings aren't dark, but they are there.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Gillie! These guys are going to auction so I don't want to dupe anyone

Sini - been doing some research. Seems like a lot of loach keepers incorporate levamisole into preventative treatments to stave off chronic wasting syndrome. If symptoms become present the next suggestion is prazi and or metro. Just an FYI if you didn't know

Thanks for the tip! I've had the best results treating with prazi so that's typically my first step. Until the past few years I haven't been able to get levamisole because I couldn't order things online, whereas I could find prazi and metro in stores...

I can't usually find prazi but it is a cornerstone of my QT so I snag that and the API General cure whenever I see it. Wild caught cories usually come in with stupid amounts of flukes ime

Awesome thanks Brooks let me know what I owe you.
Any harm in feeding as a preventative? I assume no but just figured I would ask.

Back
Top Bottom