Eheim External filter slow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ulysses-31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a Eheim ecco 2234 . I am finding that the output pressure is a little slow and is not moving the water in my tank.
As i am trying to minimize the amount of equipment in my tank so i dont want to by a power head.
Has anyone else go this filter and is there anything i can do to increase the speed like adding a spray bar or something.

All I know is that I get great circulation. Most people like to put intake and return at opposite ends but I feel this is not as good. I put the spray bar just under the surface at one end and the water flows across the top, down the other side and then through the tank to my intake which is in the middle of the tank. I think eventually I will move it to the same end as the spray bar.

How low below your tank is the canister? The higher the "head" as it's called, the less flow you will get. If you're able to set the canister filter higher in relation to the top of your tank you can increase flow that way.

The canister is about 3 foot below the tank. But i have already tried it in different positions i sat it on the ground about 4ft below the tank and there was hardly any difference and i then tried it about 1 foot below the tank and still the pressure was the same as before.

I have cut the pipes down so thee is no slack in them that way there is less distance for the water to be pumped, and still there is hardly any difference.

I have an external filter downstairs, It is not a known make like fluval or eheim but it manages to circulate the water great. I might go to a few LFS to ask what they think. Maybe they will let me bring it up and show them.

Back
Top Bottom