Ehiem cordless gravel vaccuum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone have this? Is it worth buying?

I picked it up a few days ago when I saw it at the LFS. I have some parts of my tank that are really tough to get to with the siphon vacuum, as well as a very messy pleco.

So far it seems to work really well as long as your tank is deep enough. If you see a picture of it, the grey portion on the front is a screen where the water comes out and back into the tank. If this portion of the vac is above the water line...well hope you needed a shower.

I've used it 5 or 6 times now and it has pretty good suction, does a good job of catching crud instead of putting it back in the water. It's also pretty easy to clean.

My only real complaint is that the impeller makes a bit of noise, so my fish HATE the thing. But I can be in and out of the tank in 5 minutes with it, so they don't get too traumatized.

I like it. It's perfect for quick spot cleans in those areas that are hard to navigate with the syphon. Also because it doesn't have a hose attachment, you're in and out in minutes. Down side is you have to make sure you do not suck up to much sand or gravel, meaning it's meant for surface clean up, not deep cleaning. I'm happy with mine though. easy to clean to boot.

akagochi said:
I like it. It's perfect for quick spot cleans in those areas that are hard to navigate with the syphon. Also because it doesn't have a hose attachment, you're in and out in minutes. Down side is you have to make sure you do not suck up to much sand or gravel, meaning it's meant for surface clean up, not deep cleaning. I'm happy with mine though. easy to clean to boot.

About how much these cost?

I own one of the competing brand's gravel vacs, it's a nice little gadget to have. I've only used it a few times though until my batteries died, because the batteries that size are pretty expensive and I can do a better job gravel vac'ing when I change water.

I have something similiar & it was @40-50 bucks. Yes, you have to replace the batteries regularly but i use it daily to surface vac around my plants but im a bit OCD about keeping my tanks clean so i think its very useful! :)

I had a different gravel vac for years and it finally died a few months ago. I bought a siphon one to try it out and it's difficult and I had to replace water every time. I ended up getting the Eheim Quick Vac and I love it. Easy to use and does a good job. It's on Amazon...I've been building my 150g off Amazon bc everything is a lot cheaper usually. The vac is $56 at PetSmart.

Amazon.com: EHEIM Quick Vac Pro Automatic Gravel Cleaner and Sludge Extractor: Pet Supplies

EHEIM Quick Vac Pro - Aquarium Maintenance - Fish - PetSmart

Back
Top Bottom