Elephant Nose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tran37

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I got myself an elephant nose today and just need tips on feeding him. I got frozen blood worms. I've read that I should feed him at night but should I just dump some thawed worms and he will eat them or is there another technique? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi guys I got myself an elephant nose today and just need tips on feeding him. I got frozen blood worms. I've read that I should feed him at night but should I just dump some thawed worms and he will eat them or is there another technique? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

You need to message a mod to move this to a different section. I know mummaof2 is online. Personally I would buy black worms they are small and easy to eat and they are not frozen

i agree but if you have bottom feeders that will beat him to the food its going to starve it happen to mine

No bottom feeders just platies. But he only seems to swim on top and explore around up there. I've barely seen him dwell at the bottom

there nocturnal so the best time to feed is lights out might want to try to hand feed a few blood worms might get lucky...these guys are wild caught so it take time for them to get adjusted who knows if it was settling in when you got em ... its going to need some type of cave or tube to hide from the lights...sooner or later it will come out during day when there is food .....

tran37 said:
No bottom feeders just platies. But he only seems to swim on top and explore around up there. I've barely seen him dwell at the bottom

You can also try spot feeding it with a turkey baster that might help. Sent you a message but don't know if you got it my phone is useless lol

Feeding with a turkey Baster is the best at first when he gets use to it he will come to the top to feed that's what I did with mine

I started with live bait when I brought mine home, now he eats any frozen bait, he's got a big appetite :)

I'll Go ahead and try doing that and see what happens :) I'll keep you updated

you can also try a dog medicine feeder i put a few frozen cubes add a bit of water let it thaw and spot feed in small doses so they eat vs the filters taking it....the medicine feeder cost about $3 bucks at petsmart if you want to try it

Back
Top Bottom