Eletric blue acara compatability?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buzzkiller

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello aquarium advise, so I'm setting up a 100 gallon planted tank. So far here's the stocking list. 10 serpae tetras 10 gold barbs 5 angelfish 6 Cory cat julii. I would like to know if two electric blue acara cichlids could be compatible with these fish. I mainly have two concerns do you think the acaras will eat the serpaes? Two will they get along with the angelfish?

To be honest I would be more concerned with the serpaes nipping the fins on the angels. I tried that combo a long time ago and had to remove the serpaes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have eba with black neons and it's not an issue. Like mike said though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've got some with cories and gold barbs and they are doing great. I don't know about the tetras and angels though.

And I also agree about the tetras and angels

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Acaras are cichlids and so are angels. If the acaras or angels were to breed, you might very well have a big problem. 100 gallons is a big tank, but even so, I'd be dubious about 5 angels and two acaras. Angels can get very aggressive when breeding, and might take it out on the acaras,

I have two EBA that are about 3.5" long and two Angels that are about 4" in a 55 gallon tank with no problems at all. Neither are a breeding pair. I also have two breeding pairs of Krebinsis, 4 German Rams and 4 Angel Rams. And they all get along fine.

I have experience with angels and know how to handle things if they start to breed. If the serpae tetras won't work does anyone have any suggestions for a nice fish that would work with angels and acaras?

Back
Top Bottom