Emerald cory keeps getting stuck in filter!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duckie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This isn't the first time this has happened. Our first emerald cory did the same thing, but much sooner!! It ultimately killed him and we got another one and after having him for 2 weeks, he's getting stuck in it now too. This has never happened to any of our other fish. Why in the heck does this keep happening to our emerald cory catfish? No one's home right now and we won't be for a while and I have a feeling he got stuck again and he's going to be dead when we get home at 7. :( All of our other fish swim by it and they're just fine. I just don't get it. We have a 55 gallon tank and a Petco brand 65 gallon filter.

Try putting a sponge over the filter. If you don`t have a sponge, a clean unused pair of pantyhose will work as well.

Really good idea, I hope he is still alive when we come home tonight so we can try it! Thank you!!

Maybe you should get a powerhead and let him ride the current.... My corys love that, and so do my rasboras...:clown:

Back
Top Bottom