Emerald the CoryCatfish and the game of My Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was refilling my tank, using a bowl as I usually do to fill it with, so I pour it in slowly as not to sweep my fish out into the walls of the tank and blow them out of daylight. So, my cory catfish are just swimming around on the bottom, and out of nowhere, Emerald, comes swimming up into the current of water that's blowing bubbles down with it from the air it trapped trying to get to the surface. Once the water stopped, he zipped away to hide. So, I go back into the bathroom to get the next bowl of water (Since I have to do this several times >_<) and I come back and dump the next one.. there's emrald swimming up into the bubbles again. He did this about 4 times... and all I could hear him saying was "MY BUBBLES!"

That's cute :) Cories seem to like water flow and current. When I had two baby cories in a 10 gallon (I put the eggs in there to hatch), they would ride up the stream from my airstone -- jump in the bubble stream, ride it up, and go back and do it all over again! It was really cute.

Yeah, this is the first time he's done it though. I still am amused when my other one, Tiger, just starts swimming infront of the glass like he thinks he's gonna go any further...

Back
Top Bottom