Empty 225gallon -- Oscar tank vs. discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an empty 225 gallon tank.
I need help deciding which is more interesting.

Oscar tank
- 1 Oscar
- 1 severum
- 1 leporinus
- 6 silver dollars

Discus tank
- 6 discus
- 2 angelfish
- 12 rummynose tetras
- 4 rams
- 8 corydoras

I have an empty 225 gallon tank.
I need help deciding which is more interesting.

Oscar tank
- 1 Oscar
- 1 severum
- 1 leporinus
- 6 silver dollars

Discus tank
- 6 discus
- 2 angelfish
- 12 rummynose tetras
- 4 rams
- 8 corydoras
Discus tank by far. Its much nicer with more vibrant colors.

A discus tank with those other fish will be quite pricey, but definitely the nicer of the two.
A discus of 3'' is 15$ here. 5'' is 75$ and more=+$. But it's not expensive if you buy them small.

Last edited:
I'd go with oscars the big water puppy's and they play with toys discus are pretty but no that exciting at least an Oscar gets excited to see you when you walk past it you don't even have to acknowledge it and it gets happy

I'd go the Oscar tank minus the severum. Not a fan of those. Lol

And a healthy, well bred Oscar is a beeuudiful thing! :)

Hey! Everyone defended the oscars, now I have to defend the severums. I have had 4 of them, and currently have two. They are fantastic fish. Very personable, interested in anyone that walks up the the tank. They explore everywhere in the tank, they don't just float at the top. I have a gold and a green, they get along with anyone else (angel, geophagus, festivum, cories).

But I would still do the discus. Lots of colors, very relaxing.

Hey! Everyone defended the oscars, now I have to defend the severums. I have had 4 of them, and currently have two. They are fantastic fish. Very personable, interested in anyone that walks up the the tank. They explore everywhere in the tank, they don't just float at the top. I have a gold and a green, they get along with anyone else (angel, geophagus, festivum, cories).

But I would still do the discus. Lots of colors, very relaxing.

Rofl! :thumbsup:

Right now, i'm leaning towards Oscars.

The fact that they have a personality and greets you, makes them more interesting IMO.

Back
Top Bottom