Empty 25g. Tiger barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salukie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have an empty 25g and I'm suffering from multiple tank syndrome big time! Lol.
I was thinking tiger barbs. Good idea? How many? Could I keep other fish in there with them like danios or loaches?

I don't know much about barbs. My LFS has some gorgeous moss green ones and I'm itching to get some.

Any advice appreciated. :)

Assuming that your 25 g isn't a tall hex-type tank and has a decent horizontal footprint, you could probably do 8 Tigers and 4-5 Kuhli Loaches. Kuhlis are the only loaches that will comfortably fit into a tank that size.

Zebra Danios could be kept with Tigers, but my guess is that you'd need a larger tank than a 25.

Tigers are great, active little fish, IMO the tank is a little small for adults.

Should be alright for now. Be careful as I've heard they can fin nip others.

Caleb

Thanks for the replies. The tank is 24 long, 13 wide and 20 tall.
What would you guys put in here?

Thanks for the replies. The tank is 24 long, 13 wide and 20 tall.

What would you guys put in here?

That's probably a little small for Tigers. Cherry Barbs or Harlequin Rasboras would work better in a tank that size

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Cherry barbs are very peaceful so most size-appropriate community fish would work well with them. Cories, dwarf cichlids, tetras, etc. Pentazona barbs are another alternative as they look very similar to tiger barbs but are also quite peaceful. I used to keep mine with rummynose tetras and a ram.

Back
Top Bottom