Endler's Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gd007

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to get into some Endlers Guppies and have read a lot from a few sites. Does anyone here have experience that they'd like to share? Breeding? Selling? Do you pay close attention to Strain-Type?

I own a large colony of black bar endlers. Not the least bit fussy about food or water conditions. They will breed continually. They are smaller than guppies generally and pregnant females do not usually get big and bloated like guppies. I literally see new babies every day. I do not keep any other livebearers so in theory my strain of black bar endlers breeds true. Since they breed so fast, a large tank is a good idea. Mine are in a 60 gallon although I started them in a 20 long which they outgrew. They are ridiculously hard to catch. Basically scoop and hope for the best. There are always people interested in buying them so you would not have much trouble selling. I can't be bothered, though.

One word of advice - since they eat so greedily, my bottom dwelling fish don't stand a chance at the dinner table. I use the flow of my HOB to force food down to the substrate level for small cichlids or corys. Endlers are very entertaining and lively.

I love my endlers and the males are massive flirts. ;) super easy to breed, keep etc - they are fun little guys :)

Agree about the feeding - they are nuts at dinner time

I use foam inserts purely because they breed that much that I don't want any little bubs getting stuck - so I prefer to be safe than sorry! Tank looks awesome!!!

I have some Endlers too. Love them; they're a great addition to my community tank. One has a really fancy tail.

I'm pretty sure one of my endler females keeps randomly dropping fry over the past 24 hours I've found 5 so far - if only I knew who it is so that I might be able to seclude her and save the rest!! None of them look like they are ready to have babies lol!!

Back
Top Bottom