Enough filtration???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chipie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I just bought a new 60 gallon tank. I have a Eheim 2028 pro II that was given to me by my brother and i have a Fluval 304 and both are cycled.
My tank is fully stocked and i've put in quite a few plants.
Are those 2 filters enough ? I used to have goldfish so i'm used to needing lots of filtration but not i have only tropical fish.
I have a spare fluval 4 plus, a fluval 104 and a filter that came with the tank(in the hood) that is supposed to circulate 260 gph. I could add any of those if i have to.

Do i have enough filtration with my 2 canisters?

Thanks

What are you stocking the tank with? How long have you been running both setup? What are your water perimeters?

I have 5 fat goldies and as of right now am running only one canister, Fluvall 404, in a 92 gallon. When we recuperate from our remodel there will be more filtration added in the form of a hob. Water is perfect for me...loving that Fluvall!

With tropicals, depending on what and how many are in there, you should be ok. The 304 is rated for up to 70 gallons. Adding the 2028 to the mix and I would venture to say you have enough.

Back
Top Bottom