Enriching Brine Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azn_fishy55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since I get my Bumble Bee Gobies on Thursday I need to start thinking on what to feed them. I have done lots of research that they greedily eat live foods,sometimes eat frozen, but never eat dry foods. And the only live foods my LFS has are Brine Shrimp and Tubefixworms. Since brine shrimp have very low nutritional value is there any way to make them more nutritous?And are there any frozen foods that Bumble Bee Gobies might eat?

You could use frozen brine shrimp as a part of an enriched, homemade frozen food recipe (I believe we have a thread of recipes), but not much can be done with live brine. Most smaller frozen foods should be readily accepted, such as spirulina brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, bloodworms, daphnia, etc.

Is there a frozen food recipe for bumble bee gobies only?And if there aren't any are there any I can make that the bb gobies will most likely eat?

azn_fishy55 said:
Is there a frozen food recipe for bumble bee gobies only?

No.

And if there aren't any are there any I can make that the bb gobies will most likely eat?

Most would work, I would think....but stick to a mainly meaty mix...say something like chopped mysis shrimp, daphnia, blackworms and spirulina powder with some agar as a binder.

most likely live foods in most cases.. defrosting then refreezing could potentially cause bacteria issues.. but Im unsure of how big a threat that would be..

You can partially defrost so long as you take care to keep them chilled whilst working with them (really, it only takes a few minutes....most of the time is in the preperation) and freeze them quickly afterwards.

but would I like freeze it in the cube tray again or do I put it in a big block. Then when I feed them do I break off a piece and put it in there?

Back
Top Bottom