euthanasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahh

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, here's a different kind of thread.
i came to acquire some fish who are not pure bred about a month ago and i was kinda ok with them hanging out in the community tank. But now one of them is holding and i don't want to have to keep stripping her to avoid more mutt fish. i would like o keep the sexes separate, but an all male tank of aggressive males sound like slow death.. and the females are just as bad

i don't really have the resources to keep moving the fish around or separate tanks for the fish in question. Would it be best to euthanise or just give them away to someone.. the only thing is that they will keep breeding if i do that..

meh, truthfully i will probably try to figure something out, but i am attempting to breed quality fish and don't want potential customers to think that these fish are part of the program KWIM?

I'd separate the sexes. Males generally get more aggressive when they're showing off for females.

Culling undesirable fish is part of fish breeding. I have blue metallic guppies that I breed. They occasionally throw a fish with red in the tail. I don't kill of those fish, but I do remove them to another tank.

I would just try and give them away on cl. You should be able to easily, and finding somebody who doesn't care about breeding quality is easy to do on there.

yep, makes me mad too.. then i turn up for "great acei" and find wierd hongi hybrids... lol

Back
Top Bottom