Euwwww! What is this creature?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsazoohere

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was turkey basting platy fry out....and found this in the bowl!
What might it be.....and how might I deal with it!?

I've had no live plants in this tank, but I do use the same net in a planted (badly) tank.
I recently rescued some fish, was panicked they'd brought a plague of parasites on us!
So what should I do with it?

It's probably harmless, larger fish might even eat it. You can throw it outside if you wish.

Thank you! I was seriously (probably stupidly) worried for a while!

It looks like a damselfly nymph. I have several in my tank, very cool insect. When they mature they become beautiful damselflies (look like small dragonflies).

So it's in fact a good thing to keep with molly's, guppies and tetras? I'll put it back then!

Or on second thoughts, maybe I'll put it in my pond. I'm not sure I fancy trying to catch it flying round my sitting room!

You are the god of the tank and decide what is good and bad. As stated the will not harm mollies, guppies or tetras. He/She can not breed since the adult is a flying insect so you will not get more (unless you have other little ones that you don't see yet). I like my diverse community. lol

He's back in my tank-thank you guys for being so reassuring and helpful.
It's funny how tanks can constantly surprise you!

Back
Top Bottom