Ever lost stuff in your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
I've lost plastic suckers and occasionally the plant trimmer scissors have fallen in and had to find (like this weekend for example...).

Wondered if others have lost anything or just me?!

I've also misplaced a small torch but fingers crossed! Although the fish have been practising shadow puppets lately ........

I've had the trimming scissors fall in too. Suction cups fo sure. My son smashed a glass thermometer with a mag float one time. I was picking broken glass of the bottom for a week. The worst for me was when I dropped my led in the tank.

Never lost any actual hardware, but I've lost plenty of plants that I suspected the shrimp of eating. I'm just wondering how you lose a torch in there lol.

Ouch! That would of hurt on the LED.

I forgot about thermometers - lost a couple there.

Bit outside the tank but I've also had water flow back into air pumps before I learnt better. Had to replace one I think.

I've lost fish but that's it lol. I recently lost a neon tetra from who knows what. I didn't even noticed till I counted them one day. I'm assuming it died than sank to the bottom and my pleco decided to have a snack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Suction cups. Actually lost one in my African tank a few weeks ago, and found it last week while doing a heavy gravel vac. Guess the fish buried it deep lol

Jesse

Fish. Lots of fish. Currently missing a kuhli loach in QT. Have had otocinclus, ghost shrimp, and neon tetras missing in my 29 at some point.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Found the torch! It was next to the computer desk for some reason. Was just thinking I'll have to pull the lights and covers off tank, bring in ladder and dive into the back end of tank to hunt around.

I've lost suction cups, air stones, a drop checker, tons of plastic swords (for planting) and prob much more lol

Caleb

Only thing I ever lost in the tank was fish and water!:rolleyes:
The fish I assume died and were eaten before I could remove them,but the water thing baffles me to this day!:facepalm:
My otos are nearly impossible to account for in my180.
I started with 4 and have gone almost a week without a sighting!
Today I counted 6!:cool:
You would think(I do) that after a year or two they are in there somewhere?
Did I mention my clown loaches dis appearing for the last 10 + years.(y)
Wherever they go I wish they would take me with them one day!:ROFLMAO:
Unless it is in the hole in the log that only one out of the 11 could fit in(I was thinking of something more tropical?).:whistle:
Torch is a flashlight for those of us in other locations????

Only thing I ever lost in the tank was fish and water!:rolleyes:
The fish I assume died and were eaten before I could remove them,but the water thing baffles me to this day!:facepalm:
My otos are nearly impossible to account for in my180.
I started with 4 and have gone almost a week without a sighting!
Today I counted 6!:cool:
You would think(I do) that after a year or two they are in there somewhere?
Did I mention my clown loaches dis appearing for the last 10 + years.(y)
Wherever they go I wish they would take me with them one day!:ROFLMAO:
Unless it is in the hole in the log that only one out of the 11 could fit in(I was thinking of something more tropical?).:whistle:
Torch is a flashlight for those of us in other locations????

Lol, lol.

Yes, I have a small flashlight for checking the timers inside the cabinet underneath.

I was starting to get worried that it had rolled into the tank and the batteries might start leaking.

Occasionally when I first started fish-keeping I found missing air hose and pirate chests. This was in the days when I pulled the tank completely apart every year (poor fishes :( ). I used to buy new stuff/ornaments that ran off air and just bury existing stuff if the air pump wasn't up to it (figuring I'd get a bigger pump later but never did).

Back
Top Bottom