everything is pregnant!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delfino

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well i have two female platys that are ready to burst.two female guppys ready to burst and a pair of kribensis that just put a clutch of eggs on my driftwood.What do i do?I know im doing something right if they are all having babies but i think its just gonna be angelfish food!shes the biggest in the tank and runs the show.so im sure the fry will get eaten.there is tons of plants and moss so maybe some will survive.any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!:)

Well if you want the guppies/platys to have the babies and all of them to survive you create a fry tank, some will probably survive if it is well planted. As for the kribs they will chase and beat the poo out of that angel if he trys to eat them So they will raise the eggs.

You sell me some Krib fry, is what you do. Don't worry about it, the angel will take care of the platies and gups in no time. The kribs on the other hand, once they hatch, for sure the angel will get a few the rest you can raise up and the surplus you can probably exchange at a LFS for store credit.

i had a guppy that gave birth to nine fry, ate five of them before i had a chance to separate them. so a separate tank will be necessary. i don't know about the others, though.

I have a densly planted corner for all my fry. That seems to work good, I just 5-6 new fry.

Back
Top Bottom