Exact ID of this fish & shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yv1

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i got my boyfriend into the hobby and he came home with some lampeyes and a couple of these little guys...

betta something?? Are they betta picta??? I was just wondering if anyone knew before i went back to the store to find out what they really are...

bettap.jpg

one more thing, anyone know the proper name for this shrimp if there is one? i was told they have no name yet, just "blue-red shrimp" they turn a bright blue when they are adults, i bought a juvi.

brshrimp.jpg

THANKS!

Hmm... first idea is that it's a ram (blue, gold) of some sort... hold on... Arg. I've def seen it before, but can't quite place it. Sorry.

Check out smaller cichlids. It appears to be a cichlid, and has the distinctive dorsal fin of African species. It may just be a really young African Cichlid of some sort. There are many many species of them, though...

the shrimp might be a ghost/glass shrimp, i would look into the paradise fish also it might be one of those.

it is full grown, so i dont think its a cichlid. he termed it a betta, so it must be some type of betta. he said it was rare, and dont expect it to grow any bigger. they are so adorable, very very timid.

ill fnd out for sure though tomorrow. :) thanks for the help

oh and the shrimp is not a glass shrimp, its a 'blue red shrimp' it turns bright blue as an adult. :)

Back
Top Bottom