Excel and cloudy water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJFISH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, it's been a while since I used Excel daily and I just started up again on Saturday. I'm dosing the recommended amount on the bottle for my 30 gal tank. I'm seeing some cloudiness in the water that was not there before I started up again. I used to dose higher amounts of glut, but now I've got a bunch of shrimp that I don't want to overload with changes quickly. Has anyone experienced the cloudy water appearance to their water from Excel? What did you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

i use it on some tanks and never seem to be a problem. that being said if its a 30 gal i would start with 1ml daily then slowly increase it maybe .25 daily until the recommended. some plants don't handle it very well and its a good way to melt them or totally kill them.

Hi. I use Excel at quite a high dose and not had cloudy water. Has anything else changed in the tank?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

No, that's what's weird! It's not terrible, but noticeable. Maybe I'll skip a day? But I'm trying to kill BBA in the gravel? So confused...

My water gets cloudy some times when I dose ferts and excel together. But I under dose the amount. I don't know why it happens

My water gets cloudy some times when I dose ferts and excel together. But I under dose the amount. I don't know why it happens

Do you mean dose at the same time if day, like one after the other? Or just use in the same tank?

I dose both together at the same time in the same tank. I dose excel every other day. The cloudiness goes away the next day.

Back
Top Bottom