Expensive gift for my Discus...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dwarfs, IME, are not. :) They are pretty small, 2-3 inches. They CAN cause harm to small fish, but they would be fine with semi-aggressive fish like rams and discus. I am not sure how they would do well in high temps and discus water, though. I'll do some digging around and see if I can find anything.

They would work. And they are very pretty. Not bad with plants like most crays are. They stay small. A good choice unless the OP wants to let the discus breed in the main tank. But the prawns would also be a poor choice then. Both would eat the eggs and fry.

They would work. And they are very pretty. Not bad with plants like most crays are. They stay small. A good choice unless the OP wants to let the discus breed in the main tank. But the prawns would also be a poor choice then. Both would eat the eggs and fry.

Thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't sure if they would work or not because of temps :)

Doing a water change today, there's still one alive.

These don't get more than 4 inches. I wouldn't give the OP advice that would kill or harm his discus. I have these with my angels, if you had read my original reply regarding these specific prawns because of the same issue.

I wasnt saying you gave bad advice I was just letting him know to watch out not to get he wrong species by mistake. Sorry :)

Back
Top Bottom