Extreme Weirdness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey.

My bolivian ram chases the platys once in a while during and after feeding but they don't care. Recently though, one started simply lying on her stomach when the ram came. She lies on her stomach or sort of "stands up on her tail" and goes super limp and floats.

I freak out and think she died. Also, she is heavily preggo and right above her birthing tube she is really really red...

Do you have a picture? Maybe the platy is about to drop her fry. Or, maybe there is a problem. The redness doesn't sound good.

That is a little odd to me. The tail stands sound like displaying displeasure, but not if the fish is just going limp. That sounds like a problem.

I am not sure. When he chases my other girl she nips right back or swims away. She's a pig and sometimes takes a few nips before she goes away, so I know the nips aren't bites, just meant to chase fish away.

The problematic one reminds me of a puppy. When the bigger older dog runs at it, it flops on its belly and doesn't move, when you stomp your feet and run at it too.

I will get pics soon.

Otherwise all fish are super healthy.

Interesting. Well, hopefully nothing is wrong and its just fish behavior. Honestly, I have not heard about things like that happening too much with fish without an underlying problem, but I hope its behavioral. :)

Back
Top Bottom