Fair Price?? 90 gallon tank-Need to know soon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

petunia100

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is $250 a fair price for a 90 Gallon glass aquarium with double shelf stand. Also included are two "Top Finn 60" filters, a "Penn-Plax therma flow PC" 100 watt heater, hood and lamp?

TIA

Attachments

• tankphoto.jpg
    tankphoto.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 249
The filters are the same as the Whisper 60 and the heater is underpowered for a 90gal tank. So you will need to upgrade the heater.

IMO I think the price is a little high. I would feel better if it were 200.00.How old is the tank?

i'd leave out the heater and maybe the filters too. i've had very bad experiences with penn-plax heaters. don't know about the filters.

so it comes down to aquarium, stand, and hood.
i don't remember the price of these bought new, so i can't help you there.... :mrgreen:
but i wouldn't pay more than $50 for the tank itself (50c a gallon). the stand is probably the costliest item.

I forgot to add that I have a place by me that sells 90g tanks for $250 new with stand and light. But all the others Ive seen are 400+

If it's new, that's not a bad price. If it's used, I'd go for more along the lines of $150.

I just paid $275 for the 90 gallon setup I picked up. It came with a slightly better heater and a cannister filter (that I'm having problems with :x ) a couple big buckets of gravel, and a few rocks 3 big pieces of driftwood, and a couple other misc. little things.

(Edit: The stand was nicer too, not pressboard.)

Is this new?

You are still going to need a better filter system, heater, gravel, plants of sometype, and other items to put in the tank. If this is used its not that great of a deal.

I personally dont think its *that* great of a deal.
Its better than buying it brand new... but you might be able to find a better one for the same price or cheaper.

I would buy it for maybe $150, at most $175

for the tank alone used I would pay up to $90.. the stand maybe $50 the included lighting and hoods maybe $40-50 I wouldnt want the filters or the heater (I dont like the filters and the heater is underpowered and not a quality brand) so see if they will exclude them and offer $175 an max out around $200

We're still haggeling, but I'm aiming for around 170. It's used, although he got it used so I don't know how old it is. It's in good working condition as far as I can tell.

Thanks for all your input! You guys might have saved me $70! :p

My local petco has a similar setup new for $320, assuming no discount for buying both the tank kit and the stand at the same time. Also I over heard at a petsmart that they were getting out of the larger than 55 tank business so you may be able to get a decent deal on sale if you catch it right.

well almost any petstore that sells that sells the stock ones, which personally id eventually upgrade, but i think they do come with the lights

I do know that PetsMart sells their tanks with the tank, lights, and hood. That is unless you specifically buy just the tank. I went in to buy just a light strip and was looking at the tanks and all of the tanks had the hoods and lights in the boxes except for the stand-alone tanks. When we bought the 150 the guy gave us a discount on the stand because we bought it with the tank/glass hoods/lights.

Back
Top Bottom