Fake plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know I am a minority but does anyone out there have fake plants. I know real plants are good for the fish. My silk plants are awesome and a lot less time consuming.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know I am a minority but does anyone out there have fake plants. I know real plants are good for the fish. My silk plants are awesome and a lot less time consuming.

I do! My 60 is all wood, a couple rock and fake plants! I am, however starting a 5 gal planted tank soon. I personally think they look fine, the ones I got are surprisingly realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have fake in both my tanks. They have some green algae that's growing on them which I like the look of. I'm sure at some point I'll get a 20 long and start a planted tank. Least that's my plan, not sure wife will enjoy another tank in the house.

Thank you Bichir Bro, I feel like they are completely frowned upon on this site. I have a 55 gallon column style tank and I am 5' 2" tall. It's just not realistic for me if I have short plants tp maintain them properly. I can barely reach the bottom with my tall step stool , lol.

CoronaBlue just win her over with a really cool fish. That's how I was able to convince my husband to get a larger tank, hehe.

Thank you Bichir Bro, I feel like they are completely frowned upon on this site. I have a 55 gallon column style tank and I am 5' 2" tall. It's just not realistic for me if I have short plants tp maintain them properly. I can barely reach the bottom with my tall step stool , lol.

Haha yeah! I don't really think they're frowned upon, just not as 'respected' for lack of a better word.
Fake plants can look really good, I'm sure yours is great!

As long as you know the art of hiding some of the cheesy weights,lol here's my 55 gallon.

Attachments

• 1419971961011.jpg
    1419971961011.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 156
As long as you know the art of hiding some of the cheesy weights,lol here's my 55 gallon.

That looks great! Yeah sometimes they can be a pain, that's why I just get the Michaels plants. They ain't got the weights, but that can be a pain sometimes...

I agree, very nice tank! It has balance, too.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks I know that pic is slightly blurry, but I am no photographer by any means. Just added lots more rocks yesterday. Still seems like there is something missing. I don't want to put too much mor
e in so my Keyhole Cichlid has enough open swimming space.

Here's my 150, the two of the larger plants on each side are plastic. I like the way they look, and my bichir loves hanging out in them. Ignore the forks in the front, they're holding down cucumbers.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419972547.042089.jpg

Thanks fishliker I have only done my own research and no one I know, knows anything about how the hobby. So, it's nice to get a compliment from someone who does.

NigelK8485, that's a nice tank! That's how it is with my bamboo. My gourami's love it.

Here's my 150, the two of the larger plants on each side are plastic. I like the way they look, and my bichir loves hanging out in them. Ignore the forks in the front, they're holding down cucumbers.

View attachment 259567

Awesome tank!
Fishliker is right too, they've both got that great balance that's needed with fake plants. Both look good!

Bichir are so neat! I remind me of loaches, which are awesome! I have 3 angelicus botia loaches myself. I previously owned a 6 inch (no joke ) golden weather loaches. He unfortunately died the day before I was going to move him to a bigger tank:(

Bichir are so neat! I remind me of loaches, which are awesome! I have 3 angelicus botia loaches myself. I previously owned a 6 inch (no joke ) golden weather loaches. He unfortunately died the day before I was going to move him to a bigger tank:(

I love bichirs too :D same with Angelicus botias. They're my favorite loach.

They are hilarious. The first time I put them into the tank I my Keyhole Cichlid was sad because they weren't afraid of him. But now they swim together. Lol.

Attachments

• 1419974528374.jpg
    1419974528374.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 104
I love keyhole cichlids. Keyholes and festivums are some of my favorite cichlids.

I have fake plants in one of my tanks and they really dont look bad at all. Sure live plants are better but fake ones are really easy to put where you want them.

Do have any pics Blueramboy87. Also do you (maybe a dumb question) have any blue german rams? I have had horrible luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom