Favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfanatic16

Aquarium Advice Activist
I Love fish and have many favorites as I'm sure you do I would like to know what is your favorite fish and why. For starters mine is the Oscar I like them because they are playful and full of personality they are like children except for the screaming and crying.

This will be a cute thread<3

My favorite are bettas. They are just so unique to me. Personality, behaviors, colors, just everything. Everyone of mine acts completely different and I have become so adapted to all of their behaviors. I feel like I am one with my fish. haha

My favorites that I have owned are my angels and a keyhole cichlid. Lots of personality and very personable. I also just love watching the angels swim with those huge fins. Its amazing. :)

Dojo Loach, Fast, Frentic, crazy, and full of personallity.:cool:

My favorite would be any Malawi Mbuna cichlid. I never tire of watching mine play " King of the rockpile" I've never before seen such aggresive vegatarians!

Two favorite types.
Corydoras and gouramis.
Panda Cory because they are very awesome in shoals.
Croaking gourami because they are tiny and gouramis swims as if they float in the water. Well labyrinth fishes all do

Fishfanatic16 said:
I Love fish and have many favorites as I'm sure you do I would like to know what is your favorite fish and why. For starters mine is the Oscar I like them because they are playful and full of personality they are like children except for the screaming and crying.

I feel ya, they just poop way to much. And it's big poop.
My lawnmower blenny was my fav. When I listen to music I swear hes singin it

Love any catfish species!!! Especially Corydoras Simiis(They were my first catfish to own, still have a 2 year old group of them) and royal whiptails. I dont know when catfish became my favourite fish, but I just adore them :D
I never saw the appeal of discus, although now that I have some, I also enjoy watching them.

Love my bettas!
And cories.
And gupppies.
And BN plecos soo cute!
And swordtails!
Oh and high fin platies!
Do sharks count even though I don't have any? Love those too!
My pond koi!
And trout! With a bit of peppered batter and fried. So yummy!

Red lizard whiptails. I love catfish and these guys never hide. Something about their shape and how they move when swimming and feeding that I just love.

I try and not say the F word too much cause as soon as I call that fish my favorite it's probably doomed to die. :lol:

I've got a 6" solid snakeskin gourami and a paired set of GBR's I probably watch the most. Yep... hate those fish! ;)

my jewels,they are really funny and brave. my smallest female has no problem with attacking the biggest fish in the tank(a big jewel who has never bred),or me if i get too close,to protect her fry

Corys because they're absolutely adorable.
Bettas because they're gorgeous and have such a personality--mine, after 4 months, just got officially named Minadel the Soldier Betta because of how he patrols the tank and every single thing that happens around it
Loving the cockatoo apistos because they're pretty--planning on getting one, so we'll see if the love remains.
Dwarf puffers--want one. Adorable. Vicious. Perfect mix *rofl*
Snails and shrimp--I love watching the snails munch on the algae on the glass and crawl around the floating plants, and watching the shrimps swim around and steal food from the fishes.

If I had to narrow it down, I'd go with corys.....but which one? :brows:

Hypseclera(?) Temparalis aka Chocolate Cichlid next best thing to a wet dog, super fun, friendly, get big but socially acceptable to have a few tank mates.
After that all of them LOL since there are literally so many different species here from all over the world but do have a few other absolute favs. Labeotropheus Fuelleborni aka Marmalade Cat, the Lateacara sp. (got 3 different ones now), Aquidens/Acaras, Uaru, Angels, okay so better stop there I'll have every species in the house listed LOL

Back
Top Bottom