Favorite fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
What are your favorite fish?
Adds something special about them if you'd like.

I'll start...

Rummynose tetras: awesome because they are like tank monitors. If their nose is not red, you know there is an issue.

Scarlet badis: really social with humans ime, must feed live foods for the most part

Bolivian and German blue ram

Dwarf rasbora

Red rili shrimp

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

cherry barb----playfull
cory cats ----- fun playfull curious

Golden weather loach:historical to watch and does a cute yawn if it's tired
Kuhli loach:cool freshwater eel-like animal and are extremely energetic at night

Sent from peliper

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429094803.437128.jpg
Golden Dojo(weather) loach. He will attack my arm when it is in the tank. He eats out of my hand and will play tag with me. Not to mention swimming all over the tank 24/7.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429095002.223081.jpg
Mrs. Jack Dempsey. Just loads of personality. She's really fun to watch.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Aru rainbowfish. Don't have pics but it's extremely beautiful with bright red fins, a sparkling bright blue body, and a brilliant black stripe through the middle of its body.

Funny enough the most personable fish I've ever kept were Dalmatian Mollies. I could put my hand under the water surface and they would lay in my hand.

As far as favorites go:
Green Spotted Puffers

Potamotrygon Reticulata, and all other freshwater rays :love:

Snowball/Galaxy Plecos

Small RTC's (2-10")

Black Devil Catfish

Umbee

Green Terror

Guppies are like a dumb rabble of dogs, and I love it lol. Always like 'hey, hey, do you have food, is that for us? GIRL!!'

My khulis are fun, more like cats, getting the zooms or just laying around lounging on whatever is handy.

My favorite are my panda loaches.

Also love watching my kuhli loaches. Funny watching them work together to move the shrimp pellets into a root system where the corys can't get into

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My wonderful Neolamprologus Multifasciatus- They are absolutely delightful to watch. So small but packed with personality and always doing something- whether interacting amongst themselves or "construction" moving sand around. Here's a video of my pair of them with fry!

Also, everything in the genus sinibotia. Such spunky and active little fish!

Tiger Barbs: playful, active, they greet me when i approach the tank. Plus they are gorgeous.
Cherry Barb: gorgeous and curious fish.
Denison Barb: beautiful, one of the best schooling, in the sense that they almost always stay in school.
Bloodfin Tetra: other than beauty, imo, i guess i just always took a liking to them

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im sitting in the fish tank room right now, and the tiger barbs were picking at an algae wafer, and nearby, a male cherry barb was anxiously awaiting his turn, trying to fit in, and when tigers left, he went and picked at it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Elephant nose fish ? love these guy's!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Geophagus Jurapari
Had a pair then my heater malfunctioned one night and one died as a result. Still have the one but have been scouring the local LFS for another to no avail.

I'm with Serena00 on the scarlet badis.
Big personalities for such tiny cuties and always hunting for anything - yet come straight to the front if they see you; they hover, just watching you, then up at the water surface, then back at you again. "Well, where is it then? Can't see it." People say you can feed them frozen food but I've found, if it doesn't move, they lose interest. (I have to admit to spoiling them a tad)

And then there's pygmy corys - sometimes on their own, then having a sudden urge to all be together. And little otos - party, eat, party, rest, ooh lettuce, go mad, rest, pester someone, party, clean the snail... and back to rest. Love 'em.

Z

Jackie x

Last edited:
Bolivian ram

Discus

Angelfish

Guppies

Peacock gudgeons

Yellow lab

Guppies

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

I gotta say my half banded spiny eel. He has personality and is just interesting to watch

Kuhlis, one of the first fish I kept when I started this hobby a hundred years ago. Don't like worms, snakes, or anything similar but kuhlis are my absolute favorite fish!

img_3205973_0_e4652a15c38d7125ffc2eb861db14311.jpg

Close second would be scarlet badis. Colorful, big-cichlid personality in a tiny fish:

img_3205973_1_e3e79640da4f7ec74bb00f81f755138b.jpg

If I had saltwater it would definitely be this guy. I was at an LFS yesterday that's a bit far from me but has amazing saltwater coral/fish. He was ADORABLE and the size of a football! I give you the Stars and Stripes Puffer. At least that's what they had it labelled...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429285662.617277.jpg

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom