Favourite tetra and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Penguin tetras are beautiful, but a 23 high is a bit on the small side for them. I think they need more space than neons, glowlights, lemons, pristellas and several of the others mentioned. To answer your earlier question about the similar species schooling together, yes and no. If there are small numbers of black neons, neons, and glowlights, they will group together at times. However, with a tank that small, all of these species will most likely be scattered throughout the tank most of the time. It takes a larger tank (40 breeder/55 and larger) to showcase schooling behavior--and then usually it's only when they are uncomfortable for some reason.

Yeah I wasn't really thinking of tank size when I responded. I was basically just responding to the title, 'favorite tetra and why' lol.
I even left out the why part wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I wasn't really thinking of tank size when I responded. I was basically just responding to the title, 'favorite tetra and why' lol.
I even left out the why part wow!

It's ok I understand, I think the picture is enough evidence they're beautiful an would look awesome in a planted tank

I really like diamond tetras and red eye tetras. Buenos aires are pretty sweet too (but will eat all your plants!)

Maby black phethoton tetra"s

FYI, the Pristella tetra is one of the oldest of the Amazonian fish in the hobby. It is considered one of the pioneer species to the hobby. They are still one of the best tetras for the community tank. OS.

Back
Top Bottom