Feed 'em Vegies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlelouie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have cardinal tetras & a clown loach & I feed them flakes, brine shrimp, bloodworms & cooked zucchini. I also "fast" them 1 per week. Having recently had ammonia probs I returned to 1per day feeds, alternating between the above foods. I have found that the zucc's can mess the tank a bit so I tried cooked peas (without the skin) and to my surprise they all loved them. I have never seen my cardinals feeding from the gravel but they did with the peas (btw...baby peas).

What fish do you have & what vegetables do you feed them. Also, how is the veg prepared.

I would like to broaden their diet & would love to hear what you do.

LL

Flying Foxes that love anything from the lettuce or spinach family. Just throw in boiling water for a bit so it will sink.

My plecos like cucumber. Cut it into 1/4s or smaller, and take out the seeds with a spoon. Then secure it to the side of the tank with a veggie clip. I have heard about the peas....how do you prepare them....take them out of their skin?

Leafy vegies, might give them a go, thanks tkos.

Lori: I'll try cucumber too, I think my clown loach will love it. With the peas I just cook them with a little water in the microwave until soft then squeeze the pea out of it's skin, mash it up and drop it into the tank bit by bit from a teaspoon :wink:
I cooked up a sml handful so as to not over cook them (until they shrivel). Only tried it for the 1st time today so if anyone else has a better way I'm interested in it. :D

LL

I feed my white tip catfish sharks cucumbers and they swallow big chunks...I boil the chunks of cucumber for about 1 minute and let them cool off and throw them in....sometimes the white tips will just "chew" on them and spit it out...but most of the time they will swallow the chunks whole.

Back
Top Bottom