Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adwiiii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have 6 oscars 3 sliver sharks 1 ruby shark 1 fire eel and 1 ghost knife fish, and I am worried the shark eel and knife fish are not getting enough food because the oscars eat it all any suggestions?

Maybe you could try flakes for the oscars so they'll eat on top and some sort of sinking pellets that the shark can get to like NLS.

Also, just wondering...how big is your tank? The fish you mentioned all get a pretty decent size. Just curious :)

your Ghost knife and Fire Eel are nocturnal fish.

If they are comfortable, they may come out during the daytime when feeding and with the lights on, But they usually come out at night.

So its best to feed them either with the lights off, or when the room is dark and you have dim room lighting, or at night before you go to bed.
I also find they are more active around dusk/sunset time.

With my ghost knife, I feed him sinking pellets (they like Hikari sinking carnivore pellets).
OR if they are fussy, frozen brine shrimp or frozen blood worms.

as mentioned above, feed the oscars floating food.
And the bottom dwellers (knife fish and eel, sharks) sinking food.

If you stick to a schedule, the ghost knife and eel will come out during the daytime when feeding, and you can see and monitor them eating.
But in the meantime, either handfeed or drop a cube of bloodworms next to their cave at night, when the lights are off.

May I ask what size is your tank?
6 oscars, ghost knife, eel, silver sharks is a HUGE stocking load!
You need a 150gallon minimum for all those fish.

Bubble_B0y said:
as mentioned above, feed the oscars floating food.
And the bottom dwellers (knife fish and eel, sharks) sinking food.

If you stick to a schedule, the ghost knife and eel will come out during the daytime when feeding, and you can see and monitor them eating.
But in the meantime, either handfeed or drop a cube of bloodworms next to their cave at night, when the lights are off.

May I ask what size is your tank?
6 oscars, ghost knife, eel, silver sharks is a HUGE stocking load!
You need a 150gallon minimum for all those fish.

I was just about to ask that too

Back
Top Bottom