Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once a day as much as they can eat in 3 minutes, or twice a day as much they can eat in 2 minutes.

Their stomach is about the size of their eye, so that's a guide as to how much will fill them. Feed a little, see how long it takes them to eat it, if they polish it off in 1 minute then add more. If there is still food after 3 minutes then you have fed too much.

If you have bottom feeders like Cory's, then you need to make sure something gets to the bottom too. They will scavenge throughout the day and night for bits of leftover food too.

Thank you I heard someone say they feed their fish every other day. So I plan on feeding everyday once a day. When my lights come on at 2:00pm.

Ive never heard of only feeding every other day, but having a starve day once a week is quite common. If nothing else it encourages foraging and gives the scavengers chance to clear up all the uneaten food.

If im not home for a few days, then they dont get fed, and are fine. I think you would have go some for a fish to starve.

Once or twice a day is quite normal. Just dont overfeed. A slightly hungry fish is a healthy fish.

Thank you for helping me along this adventure with getting things setup you have been a big help

Back
Top Bottom