feeding a snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vero

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

My tank is pretty clean. I have no algea, no stuff growing on the glass, piece of food or gravel. And my cories are pretty good at eating anything that drops to the bottom. The rest will fall between the pebbles, too deep for them or the snail to reach. My snail hangs out on the pice all the time. I rarely see it on the glass, except when it goes to take some air (I suppose) at the surface. I,ve never seen it on the gravel... I even saw it turned around when it happenned to come close.

I'm quite worried that it is not getting enough food. Then again, I think it's able to eat some of the wood (I think its getting smaller! :wink: ).

So I decided to put a piece of lettuce in the tank. It was there two days and a night. It hasn't been touched at all...

Is there a trick to make the snail notice the lettuce? Is there anything else I could put to feed specifically my snail?

Maybe I'll attach it to the wood... he's bound to fall on it during is many tours of the piece...

Thanks

I just use algae wafers for my snails... and they eat leftover flake food, shrimp pellets.. whatever falls down. I hear they like Squash, Zucchini, and carrots but mine never seemed interested... Or maybe the pleco just got their first.. LOL.. My carrots, blanched or not, went unnoticed.

My snails love zucchini.

Attachments

• mystery_snails_eating_zucchineresize_wizard-1.jpg
    mystery_snails_eating_zucchineresize_wizard-1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom