Feeding advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys, I would like some advice on my feeding situation at the moment.

I have the Fluval Roma 90 litre (20 gallon)

Current residents:
6 Neon Tetra's
1 Dalmation Molly
2 Dwarf Guarmis
2 Zebra Loaches
1 Clown Pleco
1 - 4 baby guppies (I think, adult Guppys and about 15 other babies since gone to other homes)

I feed them flake food everyday, also have some krill/shrimp pellets I stick a couple in once/twice a week and have just bought some Algae Wafers which I was going to stick 1 in a couple of times a week. I also put in a couple of small bits of cucumber for a few hours when ever I have some at home. (attached pic of the food)
I was just wondering if this is good enough, should be more, is there other types of food I could try?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards
Sam.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 73
Sounds like plenty of food and a nice variety. No need to add anything else or to feed more. In most cases we feed are fish way to much, I think you are doing fine.

Cool cheers mate, they have seems less interested in the flake food lately, have really cut back on the food as well as I was over feeding them a little while ago. I've only had the Dwark Guarmi's since Thursday and they haven't gotten the hang of the flakes yet :) the bigger one had a go at eating some of it last night but didn't do very well and the smaller one is completely oblivious to any food on the surface at the moment lol

Is it better to turn the filter off when feeding or leave it on? I have been leaving it on mainly.

I must admit when I tried feeding with the filter off the other day they all sorts of just sat there looking at the food and didn't do anything, but then when I plugged it back in they went for it, well the tetra's and molly did, the Guarmi's had no clue, loaches were down the bottom/hiding and the Plec was hidden away as normal.

Yeah the Plec i'm sure comes out at night as has his fair share, he was out the other day looking around (1 of the only times I've seen him in the 3-4 weeks I've had him) They'll have to learn mate otherwise I'll have hungry fish swimming around, maybe I should out a sign up telling them feeding times! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom