Feeding apples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
Along with supplementing our fish with veggies, are apples safe to give them? I have a great crop this year. I think my fish would enjoy them. Is this a good/safe idea? Thanks.

Not too sure on that. I'd have to say if you could they'd have to be boiled down. Sounds to e like Apple Pies would be a lot better. ;)

Fresh apples are safe to use occasionally. My plecos and african cichlids both enjoy them. A word of warning tho, apples will bio-degrade quicker than most fruits or veggies. Usually I'll remove them after 8-10 hrs in the aquariums.:)
Goldfish luv them 2!

I've had this post bookmarked for ages, it actually includes apples, you might find it interesting, especially since the info gathered was from here on AA.

feeding vegetables [Archive] - Aquaria Central

In order to get my veggies into the tank for the fish to eat, I use air line tubing holders, I just cut the veggie thick enough so it just kinda snaps into it, perfect holder that attaches to the side of the tank with a suction cup supplied. Then also I don't have to put my whole arm into the tank to fish it off of the bottom, I just pull it from the holder and replace as needed. This also help the fish by not serching for the food, they love it too!! See pictures

Attachments

• pack-airline-holders.jpg
    pack-airline-holders.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 98
  • tn_Airline_Clip_Holder_30mm_dia.jpg
    tn_Airline_Clip_Holder_30mm_dia.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,165
vaquero said:
In order to get my veggies into the tank for the fish to eat, I use air line tubing holders, I just cut the veggie thick enough so it just kinda snaps into it, perfect holder that attaches to the side of the tank with a suction cup supplied. Then also I don't have to put my whole arm into the tank to fish it off of the bottom, I just pull it from the holder and replace as needed. This also help the fish by not serching for the food, they love it too!! See pictures

YES!!! Glad I'm not the only goofball who thought these airline tubing clips are perfect veggie clips, And I already had them so didn't cost a dime!

Back
Top Bottom