Feeding Community Tank Vegetables?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mxg5299

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a school of glolight tetras and a pair of dwarf cichlids in my 36 gallon.(not fully stocked yet) Is it true that almost all fish will eat vegetables? It would be cool to have them graze on it throughout the day. I have a suction cup with a hook, what veges will they prefer?

My fish loved cucumber, peas and spinach :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My guppies, dalmation mollies and gaurami all eat the kale before the spinach. They seem to like it better. And I had a bag of snap peas from Costco. I was having a handfull one day and thought, hey why not, its a pea. So i peeled one and dropped it in. And they loved it!! Oh, and i just use my magnetic glass cleaner to hold the lettucy stuff in place,lol. And the peas just drop to the bottom.

To take it one step further, if you want to, you can blend the veggies and mix them with gelatin and water to maje a gel food, which can be stored in the fridge. When you feed them, you just drop a chunk in the tank and let them graze on it. There are some nice YouTube vids on making it

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also feed mine crushed garlic once a fortnight, they love it. Banana is something else they like, who would of thought lol.

When I had kuhli loach they loved bananas too :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom