Feeding Cory Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know of a good food option for cory catfish? I'd like to start giving mine something that sinks/sits on the bottom, but I have no experience with this kind of food, and I'm a little apprehensive that something sitting in there might pollute the water. I have already had nitrite issues. Any reccommendations?

Get some Hikari Sinking Wafers, break them in half, and drop ONE in the tank overnight. Your Cories will find it and eat it right up.

my cory LOVES the algae wafers/ algae disks. I break one in half and let it sink toward the front of the tank. It takes him all of about 10 seconds to find it.

Feeding Corys

Hi. Feeding Corys is no different than feeding any other tropical fish. A varied diet is essential for optimum health. They are not vegetarians and cannot subsist on just algea wafers as many people believe. Nor do they eat the feces of their tankmates as many more people believe. I feed algea wafers, spirulina tabs, large flake food that I submerge so it sinks, chopped earthworms, frozen bloodworms (Hikari ARE the best) and live blackworms. I firmly believe that this diet regimen is what allowed our hatchery to be the first to ever breed C. sarareensis. Even if you were eating filet mignon - would you want it at every meal? - Frank/Guppyman®

Back
Top Bottom