Feeding corydoras????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I feed my Cory's I have a problem with my other fish eating there food! I feed them shrimp pellets and sinking wafers. It's mainly the 6 danios and 3 guppies that eat it. What should I do?

Do you feed the guppies and danios first? Mine all eat each others food- I have cories and bristlenose fry that wait along the tank edges at the surface for flakes and dried worms, and tetras and guppies etc that eat pellets and wafers from the tank floor. My cories are pretty brazen when it comes to food- they will even try to share what my sailfin is eating (he is strangely tolerant of them).

Feeding Corydoras

When I feed my Cory's I have a problem with my other fish eating there food! I feed them shrimp pellets and sinking wafers. It's mainly the 6 danios and 3 guppies that eat it. What should I do?

Hello k...

Feed the Corys when the tank lights go out in the late afternoon or evening. These fish are more active much later in the day and into the evening hours. The other fish are less active and don't feed as much.

Also, feed frozen food that will sink pretty quickly. Corys are bottom feeders and prefer meaty foods and tend to feed at the end of the day. But feed just a bit. You don't want uneaten food to mess up the water chemistry.

B

As long as they are actively searching for food in the substrate and they look healthy, they are finding food. I wouldn't worry too much if you don't see them eating when everyone else is.

Drop a few bottom feeder shrimp pellets into the tank right after you turn the lights out for the night and it gets totally dark. Most fish feed by sight, the corys find food by smell. OS.

Back
Top Bottom