Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Feeding Figure 8 Puffers

Ok, so, I'm working on building up a variety of potential food options for the figure 8 puffers I will be getting. So far I have a ramshorn snail colony, and I also plan on feeding pond snails, feeder shrimp of different varieties, meal worms(both the juveniles and adults), crickets, daphnia, and captive reared land snails. I'm also thinking of trying them on silkworm cocoons, which could potentially be crunchy enough for them. I'm wondering, has anyone ever tried this? If not, what do you think of the idea?

Old 04-15-2021, 05:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Seems like you already have a very good spread. I don't see any need to experiment, if anything the silk fibers are going to foul your filter components.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Was planning on removing the fibers and just feeding the inner bit.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Looks like you can get vacuum sealed silkworm cocoons that are very similar to fresh ones. I'm going to see how my puffers feel about that. Might also try them on things like dubia roaches.

Tags
feed, feeding, puffer, puffers

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com