Feeding fish ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephen Rollins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Plan on keeping
1 angelfish
6 roseline sharks
6 Congo tetras
8 panda Cory's
1 starlight bristle nose pleco

What should I feed them? How much? How often ?

I was looking into getting nls types. Ie community ( for the sharks, Terras and angel) and the sinking wafers for the Cory's and pleco.

Does that sound right ?

What are your opinions ?????

Sounds good. Feed them as much as they can consume in a couple of minutes except the cories. They are slow eaters so allow about half an hour for them. It's good to fast them one day a week to allow them to scavenge any left over food and digest what they've already eaten.

Mumma.of.two said:
Sounds good. Feed them as much as they can consume in a couple of minutes except the cories. They are slow eaters so allow about half an hour for them. It's good to fast them one day a week to allow them to scavenge any left over food and digest what they've already eaten.

Are you talking about the corys to fast ?

Can I feed them all just the fish food. Or do I also have to feed them bloodworms etc?

Fast (don't feed) all the fish once a week. NLS a pretty complete diet in itself but you can treat them with bloodworms, brine shrimp and blanched deshelled peas occasionally.

Mumma.of.two said:
Fast (don't feed) all the fish once a week. NLS a pretty complete diet in itself but you can treat them with bloodworms, brine shrimp and blanched deshelled peas occasionally.

How often should I give them bloodworms, brine shrimp and or peas ?

Back
Top Bottom