Feeding Greens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redwhiptailplec

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been feeding my fish greens now for a few weeks, but I am beginning to become concerned that some of my fish have eyes bigger than there bellies. I generally leave lettuce and Zuccinin in for a couple of days and it is invariably devoured by my Otocinclus Cat -Nermal- and my Red Lizard Whiptail Pleco -Mr Whippy-. Both of these are tiny fish and I worry about them gorging themselves.....My much larger Pleco -Ted- does not really seem interested, save for an occasional nibble of zuccini.

What should I do put greens in less frequently? :?: Carry on as I am now?

Thanks in advance for your advise guys :D

I alternate fresh veggies with algae tabs. And I usually don't leave the veggies in for more than 24 hours. A nice little treat for them is defrosted frozen peas. I usually thaw 2, pop them out of the "skin" and split them and drop them in. Good for the plec and good for the oto. The peas are usually gone by the morning if I drop them in at night.

I don't think you need to worry about them hurting themselves, per se, but a couple of times a week should be plenty.

Back
Top Bottom