Feeding, how often?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, I have 2 black skirt tetras, and one female betta sharing a tank. The black skirts always always wanna eat. so I fed them 2-3 times a day. But to much food was sinkin to the bottom, so logicaly I stopped feedin so often, but that wasn't workin eather cause they would fight over the food... even tho there was plenty...So I went back to feeding them 2 times a day but not as much... They eat most of the food...but still some sinks to the bottom because they dart up for the food and then back down the black skirts will search the bottom of the tank for the fallin food but always eat it all and look for more after. What I was wondering is what feeding method would be best cause I'm running outta ideas. I know fish will pretty much always eat but i think this is a little odd.. any ideas??

I feed my fish once a day in the evening, as much as they can eat in 3 minutes with none left over. My fish all seem to be happy and healthy, so I plan to stick with this.

Oh, every once in a while in the morning(not every day), I throw in a treat of tubifex, bloodworms, or shrimp pellets.

Don't worry if they seem hungry, they are ALWAYS hungry. You are quite right, they will eat 24/7 if you let them. If you feed them once or twice a day, just what they can eat in a few minutes, they will be just fine.

Paul

Awsome!!! I treat my fish also with the tubifex blood worms. They love em!!!

Back
Top Bottom