Feeding maggots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vespasianus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm talking about your standard maggot that can be found in fruits, biscuits, etc. Has anyone feed or feeds their fish with these? Do you reccomend it or not?

I would imagine it's not that different from feeding live crickets. However, maggots are more prone to carry bacteria etc unless they're grown in a sterile environment. You could always try fruit fly larvae (they're maggots, too)

Yeah I'm talking about mostly the ones that could be grown on fruit, which is basically the fruit fly maggot. I'm just worried a bit about insecticides in store bought fruit or in the case of fruit from outside, pollution and other stuff.

Yeah I'm talking about mostly the ones that could be grown on fruit, which is basically the fruit fly maggot. I'm just worried a bit about insecticides in store bought fruit or in the case of fruit from outside, pollution and other stuff.

You can buy feeder fruit flies in little tubes. These are lab grown and safe to feed to frogs, so they should be safe for fish. :)

Back
Top Bottom