Feeding Omnivorous and Carnivorous fish together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have few fish who must be fed vegetable diet manly like staple pellets. Now I want to add an archer fish who's diet is mainly blood worms, brine shrimps so how to balance that. Omnivorous will ofcourse jump on blood worms.

How u guys manage when u have herbivores and Carnivorous fish are in the same tank?

Thanks.

Just looked up the archer fish...pretty cool, they shoot water at their prey? I was just wondering what type of fish are already in the tank?

It's usually best to keep fishes with different dietary needs in different tanks. You're going to have to get creative here...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's usually best to keep fishes with different dietary needs in different tanks. You're going to have to get creative here...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I understand but I am asking because I have seen people keeping mbunas, haps, peacocks, frontosas together even thet have different dietary requirements. So just curious.

Best advice anyone can give you is stop buying fish your not prepared to keep, and do research BEFORE YOU BUY.....

Best advice anyone can give you is stop buying fish your not prepared to keep, and do research BEFORE YOU BUY.....
Thanks Sir. Almost every brackish owner keeps these together. Because they are a nice combination.

More referring to the fact that your about to be re-cycling the tank so why add more bio load, and they're going into a tank much to small for them with fish that are already in to small of a tank. But guess I'm old school, your tank so good luck

More referring to the fact that your about to be re-cycling the tank so why add more bio load, and they're going into a tank much to small for them with fish that are already in to small of a tank. But guess I'm old school, your tank so good luck
No Sir. I understand ur point. You are not old school. You r right. Its only that for now I can't afford or have place and I ll be upgrading my tank in a couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom