Feeding plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcor

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I posted a thread a while back saying the plecs weren't getting any algae wafer as all my other fish would eat them first, now it seems they've developed a taste for plec pellets too. You should see them swimming around with mouths stuffed! It's a comical sight. I though one of the danios was in trouble for a while but it spat the pellet out after a few minutes and sucked it right back in again. So... My question... Is a heavily algae'd piece of wood and a slice of courgette (zucchini) enough (plus whatever food does get missed by the fish) to keep my plecos fed? Until they get big enough to take charge of their food at least. (They are >2 inches at present).

I wouldn't worry about the plecos getting food. Mine constantly scavenge the bottom, and when I drop in a few shrimp pellet they always suck up the parts scattered by the other fish.
As you can see he hasn't missed a meal.

Attachments

• image-3395090534.jpg
    image-3395090534.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 58
66g. They demolish the zucchini so I'm not majorly concerned, just figure there must be other nutrients in the pellets and wafers that they aren't getting.

66g. They demolish the zucchini so I'm not majorly concerned, just figure there must be other nutrients in the pellets and wafers that they aren't getting.

If you have a tank that size you can probably feed them as much ad you want with worrying about them pooping too much and dirtying your water. They can find plenty to eat in a tank that size.That would have been the only concern.
Good luck with everything.

Back
Top Bottom