Feeding Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soupy97

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have been reading about new life spectrum and I wanted to pick some up but I had some questions about it.

Assuming I get the food,

-Should I still supplement with bloodworms/algae wafers/ etc.?
-Should I feed the same amount as I do with flakes or should I feed less/lessen amount of feedings?
-I have keyholes, bolivian rams, swordtails, and Odessa barbs. Should I get .5mm or 1mm sized pellets?
-Which formula...? Thera A? Community? I don't really know what is best or if there is much of a difference.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions. I think I might just be over-analyzing feeding my fish haha

I've never personally used it but my guess would be that it is good to feed bloodworms and other treats along with it. As long as you don't currently overfeed, I would feed the same amount.
I'm not sure about your other questions, sorry! Someone more experienced with cichlids will surely chime in soon!

The regular Thera A formula is fine to use. Those fish don't need a smaller size. You will have to feed a small amount at a time and see how fast the fish are going to eat them. Don't just put a bunch in. You'll have to see how much overall you need to feed when using it. It took me a few tries before I got the right amount figured out but at least most fish like it. And I always used other foods along with those pellets.

Back
Top Bottom