Feeding raw cocktail shrimp to fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sam180

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just saw a youtube video of someone feeding cocktail shrimp on a skewer to his clown loaches. Is this a normal practice any of you do? I had never heard of that until now and am surprised the raw shrimp isn't bad for the tank or runs the risk of contamination..

Some people do feed raw prawns, skewer it or chop some up, and place into the tank, when they lose interest, take it out. If your tank is cycled and you've got good filtration it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

Some people do feed raw prawns, skewer it or chop some up, and place into the tank, when they lose interest, take it out. If your tank is cycled and you've got good filtration it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

Wow, learn something new every day. :) I'll keep this in mind when my fish get a bit bigger. Right now my baby loaches are doing well to eat vegetables and blood worms.

If you're going to feed raw seafood then at least make sure it gets frozen first. That will help control some Thor the parasites.

Back
Top Bottom