Feeding Regimen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricky 1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Now I have increased my bottom dwellers,( in sig below) my question is, will they need more than algae wafers and missed food and how often, thanks........

Most important aspect of any feeding regimen is the food itself.

What exactly are you feeding?

Just algae wafers now and again as I only had a few, now the goal post just got bigger

Aquarian advanced nutrition algae wafers.......and any flake or pellets or blood worm that the other fish miss

Why do you need to know that, I just want to know what you guys feed your bottom dwellers, perhaps I should have put that in the heading..........sorry

Most important aspect of any feeding regimen is the food itself.

What exactly are you feeding?

Can you expand on that I only got them yesterday......?

You asked me to expand on what I said.

I don't think it's unreasonable information to request, but if you don't want to share what food you are currently feeding in a thread about feeding fish, then don't. Seems odd, but whatever.

Different bottom dwellers need different foods.

What type of catfish do you have?

Thanks Dalto, they are all in my sig below, I just want to know now I have more, if I should be giving them extra......or what do you feed yours......

Thanks Dalto, they are all in my sig below, I just want to know now I have more, if I should be giving them extra......or what do you feed yours......
Generally speaking you should feed enough that they all get to eat. I typically watch them for a while to make sure they are getting food.

2 of the fish in your sig are just called "catfish"

the cat fish are Synodontis Multipunctatus cat fish small, only grow about 5," and 2 more peppered cory to go with my other 3..........

If they are truly S. multipuntatus they will get to be in the 8" range as adults. S. petricola stay smaller around 5". Really cool fish though.

Neither cory cats nor multies have any special feeding requirements. I typically either feed NLS Thera A sinking pellets in a community setting or for only the catfish I also like to feed Kens Premium Catfish Pellets. Any high quality sinking pellet food should work. None of those fish require a high veggie diet so I would not feed algae wafers.

So, we are back to what flakes and pellets are being fed as they are probably more suitable foods.

Thanks, so what would you recommend I feed them, I feed the other fish flake and high protein pellets and blood worm,

If they are truly S. multipuntatus they will get to be in the 8" range as adults. S. petricola stay smaller around 5". Really cool fish though.

Neither cory cats nor multies have any special feeding requirements. I typically either feed NLS Thera A sinking pellets in a community setting or for only the catfish I also like to feed Kens Premium Catfish Pellets. Any high quality sinking pellet food should work. None of those fish require a high veggie diet so I would not feed algae wafers.
I will check on that Dalto as I may have got that wrong.........thanks for your reply

So, we are back to what flakes and pellets are being fed as they are probably more suitable foods.
Flake as in normal fish flake, High protein pellets, so these pellets do sink, I was thinking they will eat them, and what flake gets dropped, what sayeth you........:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom