Feeding ring for floating food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cginflorida

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a feeding ring for my betta, and it works great. It's just a plastic ring with a suction cup attached to it. You stick it on the side of the aquarium and it floats on top. You put the food in the ring so it stays there and doesn't go zipping all over the tank.

This makes it so much easier for him to eat. I can't turn down the flow on my filter. I was turning it off at feeding time, but I always worried that I'd forget to turn it back on. This solves the problem. Cool. :D

Never heard of a feeding ring, but sounds kind of cool. Do you have an extreme amount of flow or just a lazy betta? :D My red betta shoots right after all food whether it's zipping around of not. He'll even get your finger if you're not careful.

dsmalls said:
Do you have an extreme amount of flow or just a lazy betta? :D My red betta shoots right after all food whether it's zipping around of not. He'll even get your finger if you're not careful.

LOL I've only had him a few weeks, and he's just developing his personality. He was shy at first and didn't eat very much when I first got him. He's going after the food now, though!

I only have a 10 gal with a Penguin Biowheel 125 filter, so it puts out a pretty good current.

I had never heard of feeding rings either. I was in Petco the other day and spotted them.

Back
Top Bottom