Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-23-2005, 10:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Feeding times.

How often should i feed my fish? I feed my green spotted puffer fish once a day. I feed my swordtails fish flakes in the day and my gobies bloodworms at night, which the swordtails also eat. Should i feed them everyday or just every other day?

Old 08-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to virus
yeah both works, but i found that fish grow faster on everyday v every other day, but im suggesting for the swordies, i dont know anything about any other species

1 Rosy barb
3 Neon Swordtails
1 Platinum lyretail mollie
3 Cory Cats
1 Dojo Loach
1 Angelfish
10 Gallon
empt- but running

This is cool place to make a extra budget for ur fishies by reading emails
https://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?Virus
virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:57 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Hrafnkel Send a message via MSN to Hrafnkel Send a message via Yahoo to Hrafnkel
I've heard puffers can be fed every day, every other day, or even every few days. Dunno if that applies to that species though.
29gal: 1 Green Severum, 1 Convict, 3 Bronze Cories
55gal: 5 Bloodfin Tetras, 6 Black Skirt Tetras, 1 Blood Parrot, 1 African Brown Knife, 1 Striped Raphael, 1 Ropefish, 2 Clown Loaches, 1 Yoyo Loach, 1 Angelfish
Hrafnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:59 PM   #4

you can always tell if you are overfeeding when you water gets funked up and cloudy. when that happens to me (not very often) sometimes when my angels constantly beg for food i may overfeed and if i notice my waters a bit cloudy, i don't feed my tank for 2-3 days.. and it gets crystal clear. Remember its better to underfeed than to over feed. Im not to worried about the growth rate of my fish or breeding them, if you are trying to breed your supposed to feed more too i believe.

i usually feed flakes once a day, shrimp pellets every other day, Algae wafers every other day( shrimp pellets one day, algae wafers the next) Bloodworms every day to every other day (sometimes only a little) and fresh veggies i try to feed 2-3 times/week, but sometimes everyday depending on what i have. I buy a zucchini almost every week, but ive gone a week without the fresh veggies when i kept forgetting to pick up a zucchini.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
It depends on the type of fish and the age of the fish and other factors as well. I feed my 12 year old oscar 2 or 3 times a week. I feed my young angels twice a day. It is all relative. If they dont eat all the food you give them quickly then you are feeding too much.

Tags
feeding

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com