Feeling Defeated...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
The tank finally got me...

At around 6am our electricity went. I didn't know that the filters would stop working but they did. 14 hours after the filters switched off I went to do a water change and realised that they had stopped working. I saved one of the filters but the other one has gone. It's been cleaned, from top to toe. When I was pooring away the grime from the first filter, I saw a little khuli swimming :( I tried to save it but it was too late. The exact same thing happened with the next filter. So I just lost 2 khulis... In addition to this I spilt another bucket of grime over my mums rug. So this hasn't ended well. The tank looks a monstrosity and I feel awful. Surely more fish deaths will follow the saga of tonight. My cambomba looks dead or dying and the remaining fishes colour has vanished. What do I do? WORST DAY EVER

The picture does the tank justice btw

Attachments

• image-2712112258.jpg
    image-2712112258.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 82
14 hours should not kill your fish unless you are overboard on the bio-load. Fire up the filters, turn off the lights to let the fish settle, then go have a Pint.

Check them in the morning. Betcha they do better than you think....

CMOS

14 hours should not kill your fish unless you are overboard on the bio-load. Fire up the filters, turn off the lights to let the fish settle, then go have a Pint.

Check them in the morning. Betcha they do better than you think....

CMOS

Cheers! All I have is a few tetras, 5 panda cories and 2 BNP so I'm not too high on bioload.

Is the power still out? So you lost two of your three filters? Do a water change (be careful of temp difference) throw in a bubbler and everything should be good till you can get some new filtration.

Is the power still out? So you lost two of your three filters? Do a water change (be careful of temp difference) throw in a bubbler and everything should be good till you can get some new filtration.

Sorry I didn't make that clear enough. I lost 1 out of the two filters. Did a water change just now and in the morning ill get a new filter

Alright so you got your one going you should be fine until the morning. Here in Chicago I've had no power for 3 days my Neighborhood is Old and has a horrible power grid. Didn't lose a fish, I would make bubbles with a bike pump or just blowing through a tube once for a few minutes every hour or so when I was awake

Back
Top Bottom