Female betta current problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RogerMcAllen

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right now I have a 10 gallon with a trio of female bettas in it. I want to add a small plec (rubbernose, bulldog, or DBN), but that will require a filter. I went out and bought a pengiun 100B powerfilter, but I quickly realized that this will be way too much current for the females. I was just wondering if it sounded reasonable to cut a piece of plexi to divide off maybe 6" off one end of the tank with the filter to cut the flow to the other half of the tank.

My other alternative would be to try to barricade one end of the tank from the filter using a fairly substantial piece of driftwood and some silk plants.

:idea: Maybe attach a piece of sponge to the front of the output of the filter.. that might break up the current for you.. :idea:

I would do something like this
over the filter intake. And then you could do something like this
cut to fit where the water flows out.

greenmaji said:
:idea: Maybe attach a piece of sponge to the front of the output of the filter.. that might break up the current for you.. :idea:

that's a good idea....
BUT, will that reduce the oxygen level in the tank??

actually i think it would add oxygen because it breaks the water up hence churning the water and air and the current will slow BUT...lol...there will be less surface current

Back
Top Bottom